Tuesday, June 28, 2011

How to cook perfect hard boiled eggs



The perfectly cooked and pealed hard boiled egg sometimes seems to be almost a challenge. I spend a lot of time searching for the perfect recipe, not because I didn't know how to boil an egg, but I wanted the really perfect egg. The one that the yolk is bright yellow and when you take the shell off, it would slide right off it, without taking pieces of the egg white in the process. So, after several recipe testings, I came out with the one that will never fail you. I promise. Perfectly cooked eggs, every single time!


What you need:

1 heavy bottom pot
Cold water
Eggs
3/4 tspn. baking soda
Ice cubes


Directions:

Put the eggs on the pot in a single layer. Cover them up with cold water and add the baking soda.

Cook the eggs uncovered under medium heat. Once started to boil, turn the heat off and cover the pot. Set your timer for 8 minutes.

Drain the eggs and shock them in a bowl with iced water (cold water+ice cubes). Once they are cold, start taking the shells off. I personally tap the bottom and top of the egg on the counter and then roll the egg until the shell is cracked. Peel the egg under running water (cold). I promise, a perfectly cooked egg (no more green border around your egg yolk) and perfectly pealed every time!

No comments: